Factors affecting the grain refinement of extruded Mg-6Zn-0.5Zr alloy by Ca addition
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Factors affecting the grain refinement of extruded Mg-6Zn-0.5Zr alloy by Ca addition
- Kim, Beomcheol; Hong, Chang Hee; Kim, Jong Chan; Lee, Si-Young; Baek, Soo-Min; Jeong, Hu Young; Park, Sung Soo
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCRIPTA MATERIALIA, v.187, pp.24 - 29
- We report that the grain size of an extruded Mg-6Zn-0.5Zr alloy is significantly reduced by the addition of Ca. The grain size was reduced from 4.2 to 1.6 mu m by the addition of 0.2 wt% Ca, leading to an increase in the yield strength to as high as 65 MPa. Microstructural analysis indicated that adding Ca to the alloy results in the co-presence of MgZn2 and Ca2Mg6Zn3 particles within the alpha-Mg matrix and the co-segregation of Zn and Ca at the grain boundaries. The factors responsible for such remarkable changes in the microstructure and tensile properties are also discussed. (C) 2020 Acta Materialia Inc. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- UCRF_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.