Sn78Ge22@carbon core-shell nanowires as fast and high-capacity lithium storage media
Cited 69 times inCited 72 times in
- Sn78Ge22@carbon core-shell nanowires as fast and high-capacity lithium storage media
- Lee, Hyojin; Cho, Jaephil
- Charge distribution; Cluster analysis; Coulomb blockade; Lithium batteries; Rapid thermal annealing; Tin alloys
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- NANO LETTERS, v.7, no.9, pp.2638 - 2641
- Branched Sn78Ge22@carbon core-shell nanowires were prepared by thermal annealing of butyl-capped Sn78Ge22 clusters at 600°C in a vacuum. The first discharge and charge capacities are 1250 and 1107 mA h/g, showing a Coulombic efficiency of 88%. Such a one-dimensional core-shell design exploits the benefits of the Sn 78Ge22 nanowire to produce an exceptional high rate lithium reactivity (93% Coulombic efficiency at 8C (=6400 mA/g) rate) as well as excellent capacity retention after extended cycles (capacity retention of 94%).
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.