Structural changes of bare and AIPO(4)-coated LixCoO2 (x = 0.24 and 0.1) upon thermal annealing >= 200 degrees C
Cited 4 times inCited 4 times in
- Structural changes of bare and AIPO(4)-coated LixCoO2 (x = 0.24 and 0.1) upon thermal annealing >= 200 degrees C
- Kim, Yoojung; Hong, Youngsik; Ryu, Kwang Sun; Kim, Min Gyu; Cho, Jaephil
- structural change; AIPO(4) coating; LixCoO2; thermal annealing; spinel phase; lithium-ion cell
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF POWER SOURCES, v.179, no.2, pp.780 - 784
- Structural changes of bare and AIPO(4)-coated LiCoO2 with a coating thickness of 20 and 200 nm are investigated at x = 0.24 and 0. 1 after thermal annealing at 200, 300, and 400 degrees C using XRD and Co K-edge XANES (X-ray absorption near-edge structure) and EXAFS (extended X-ray absorption fine structure). Both the bare and coated cathodes exhibit faster phase transformation into spinel phases at lower annealing temperatures as x in LixCoO2 is decreased. Bare LixCoO2 cathodes exhibit phase transitions from LixCo2O4 to Co3O4 spinel as the annealing temperature is increased and the x is value decreased, which suggests a possible reaction according to (1/2)LixCo2O4 -> xLi(2)CO(3) + (1/3)Co3O4 + (2/3)O-2. However, the coated cathodes sustain a Li(x)Co(2)O(4)phase even at 400 degrees C and x=0.1. This indicates that the AIPO(4) coating layer suppresses the Li,C0204 phase decomposition into Co3O4.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.