A battery lifetime guarantee scheme for selective applications in smart mobile devices
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A battery lifetime guarantee scheme for selective applications in smart mobile devices
- Cho, Jungwook; Woo, Youngjoo; Kim, Suntae; Seo, Euiseong
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONSUMER ELECTRONICS, v.60, no.1, pp.155 - 163
- Unpredictable battery lifetime arising from multitasking can have a significant negative effect on availability for mobile devices. In practice, some applications are prioritized and required to remain in operation for certain duration. This paper suggests a battery lifetime guaranteeing scheme for prioritized applications in multitasking mobile systems. The proposed approach profiles and analyzes the battery usage pattern of each task dynamically, and preserves the energy budget for operation of prioritized tasks for a guaranteed time. In addition, this paper proposes an energyconstrained scheduler that limits the energy consumption of tasks while preserving scheduling patterns, which translates to the QoS. The suggested scheme is implemented in a commercial smartphone and evaluated. The evaluation showed that the proposed scheme successfully provides guaranteed operation time for prioritized tasks.
- Appears in Collections:
- ETC_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.