코로나 방전기가 없는 전기집진기의 미세입자 집진에 관한 수치해석
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- 코로나 방전기가 없는 전기집진기의 미세입자 집진에 관한 수치해석
- Other Titles
- Contributed Papers : Numerical Investigation on Capture of Sub-Micron particles in Electrostatic Precipitator without Corona Discharger
- Lee, Jin Woon; Jang, Jaesung; Lee, Seong Hyuk
- Issue Date
- 한국액체미립화 학회지 , v.16, no.2, pp.69 - 75
- This article presents computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations of sub-micron particle movements and flow characteristics in laboratory-scale electrostatic precipitator (ESP) without corona discharge, and for simulation, it uses the commercial CFD program (CFD-ACE) including electrostatic theory and Lagrangian-based equation for sub-micron particle movement. For validation of CFD results, a simple cylindrical type of ESP is simulated and numerical prediction shows fairly good agreement with the analytical solution. In particular, the present study investigates the effect of particle diameter, inlet flow rate, and applied electric potential on particle collection efficiency and compares the numerical prediction with the experimental data, showing good agreement. It is found that the particle collection efficiency decreases with increasing inlet flow rate because the particle detention time becomes shorter, whereas it decreases with the increase in sub-micron particle diameter and with the decrease of applied electric voltage resulting from smaller terminal electrostatic velocity.
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.