Novel Extraction Method for Source and Drain Series Resistances in Silicon Nanowire Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect-Transistors Based on Radio-Frequency Analysis
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Novel Extraction Method for Source and Drain Series Resistances in Silicon Nanowire Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect-Transistors Based on Radio-Frequency Analysis
- Kim, Kyung Rok; Shin, Sunhae; Cho, Seongjae; Lee, Jung-Hee; Kang, In Man
- Issue Date
- JAPAN SOC APPLIED PHYSICS
- JAPANESE JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, v.52, no.4S, pp.04CC14
- In this work, we present a novel analytical method based on radio-frequency (RF) analysis for the accurate and reliable extraction of source and drain (S/D) series resistances in silicon nanowire (SNW) metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs). The proposed method provides decomposed RF model equations for the gate-bias-independent off-state and gate-bias-dependent on-state components from both Y-and Z-parameters. The validity of our extraction method for S/D series resistances in SNW MOSFETs has been carefully tested in comparison with that of a previously reported method as well as with the physical three-dimensional (3D) device simulation. The schematically modeled Y-and Z-parameters have demonstrated excellent agreement with the numerical 3D device simulation results for various SNW MOSFET structures up to the 100 GHz frequency regime.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.