Diffusional Electrochemistry of Cytochrome c on Mixed Captopril/3-Mercapto-1-propanol Self-Assembled Monolayer Modified Gold Electrodes
Cited 14 times inCited 13 times in
- Diffusional Electrochemistry of Cytochrome c on Mixed Captopril/3-Mercapto-1-propanol Self-Assembled Monolayer Modified Gold Electrodes
- Mozaffari, Seyed Ahmad; Chang, Taihyun; Park, Su-Moon
- 1-propanol; Aqueous solutions; Cytochrome c; Differential pulse voltammetric peaks; Diffusion Coefficients; Diffusion controlled; Electrochemical impedance; Electron transfer coefficient; Exchange rates; Formal potential; Gold electrodes; Impedance data; Mixed SAM; Number of electrons; Thermo dynamic analysis
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY C, v.113, no.28, pp.12434 - 12442
- Well-defined, quasi-reversible, and diffusion controlled electrochemistry of cytochrome c (cyt c) has been observed at a gold electrode modified with a novel mixed captoptil/3-mercapto-1-propanol self-assembled monolayer (SAM) in ail aqueous solution. An exchange rate constant of 1.4 x 10(-3) cm/s, ail electron transfer coefficient of 0.52, a diffusion coefficient of 7.8 x 10(-7) cm(2)/s, an apparent number of electrons transferred of 0.98, and formal potential of 0.076 V vs AglAgCl (in saturated KCl) were obtained for the reaction from complete kinetic and thermodynamic analyses of the impedance data obtained using Fourier transform electrochemical impedance spectroscopic experiments. The differential Pulse voltammetric peak currents show ail excellent linearity with the cyt c concentration in a range of 5.0 x 10(-6) to 5.0 x 10(-4) M at the mixed SAM modified gold electrode.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.