Comparison Study on Harmonic Loss of MW-Class Wind Generators With HTS Field Winding
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Comparison Study on Harmonic Loss of MW-Class Wind Generators With HTS Field Winding
- Seo, Jang Ho; Han, Ki Jin; Choi, Hong Soon; Lee, Se-Hee; Hahn, Seungyong; Lee, Haigun
- Eddy current loss; HTC field winding; iron loss; wind generator
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON APPLIED SUPERCONDUCTIVITY, v.24, no.3, pp.701 - 705
- This paper investigates the effect of slot-pole combination on harmonic loss such as iron loss and eddy-current loss in wind generators with high-temperature superconductor field winding. In order to study the effect of stator configuration, three wind generators having the same rotor structure but different stators were purposely designed to produce 11 MW. In the analysis, 2-D time-stepped finite element analysis was used to estimate flux density waveforms, and then harmonic iron loss in the stator yoke and rotor eddy-current loss were obtained. From the simulation results, we showed that the harmonic effect on stator iron loss is not significant because magnetic loading by field winding dominates. Meanwhile, we found that the eddy-current loss in the rotor by harmonics of magneto motive force strongly depends on the slot-pole combination.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.