Fabrication of Gd containing duplex stainless steel sheet for neutron absorbing structural materials
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Fabrication of Gd containing duplex stainless steel sheet for neutron absorbing structural materials
- Choi, Yong; Moon, Byung M.; Sohn, Dong-Seong
- Casting; Gd-duplex stainless steels; Neutron absorbing material
- Issue Date
- KOREAN NUCLEAR SOC
- NUCLEAR ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, v.45, no.5, pp.689 - 694
- A duplex stainless steel sheet with 1 wt.% gadolinium was fabricated for a neutron absorbing material with high strength, excellent corrosion resistance, and low cost as well as high neutron absorption capability. The microstructure of the as-cast specimen has typical duplex phases including 31% ferrite and 69% austenite. Main alloy elements like chromium (Cr), nickel (Ni), and gadolinium (Gd) are relatively uniformly distributed in the matrix. Gadolinium rich precipitates were present in the grains and at the grain boundaries. The solution treatment at 1070 °C for 50 minutes followed by the hot-rolling above 950 °C after keeping the sheet at 1200 °C for 1.5 hours are important points of the optimum condition to produce a 6 mm-thick plate without cracking.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.