Contour points based P2P algorithm for shape matching and image retrieval
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Contour points based P2P algorithm for shape matching and image retrieval
- Zhao, Jianhui; Ji, Mingming; Sun, Mingui; Jia, Wenyan; Yuan, Zhiyong; Xiong, Shuping
- Issue Date
- NATURAL SCIENCES PUBLISHING CORPORATION
- APPLIED MATHEMATICS & INFORMATION SCIENCES, v.8, no.1, pp.37 - 43
- Based on the extracted contours of objects from images, one point to point (P2P) method is proposed for shape matching and image retrieval. Taking contour of one object as reference, contour of another object is transformed to reach their best match, during which the similarity is evaluated by comparison of two corresponding sets of contour points. Translation, scaling and rotation are all considered in transformation, thus the algorithm is robust to objects with different position, size and posture. The experimental results are presented and compared with those from two popular shape based techniques, Hu invariant moments and Zernike moments. Performance of our new approach has proved its efficiency in both matching accuracy and computational expense, and it can be used in related applications together with the other kinds of shape features or even color features, texture features, etc.
- Appears in Collections:
- DHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.