Evaluation of internal bleeding in concrete using a self-weight bleeding test
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Evaluation of internal bleeding in concrete using a self-weight bleeding test
- Yim, Hong Jae; Kim, Jae Hong; Kwak, Hyo-Gyoung; Kim, Jin Kook
- Aggregate (d); Bleeding (A); Comprehensive model; Fresh concrete; Hardened concrete; Mixed concrete; Modeling (e); Self-weight
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- CEMENT AND CONCRETE RESEARCH, v.53, no., pp.18 - 24
- Bleeding occurs when freshly mixed concrete consolidates in a form. After the setting of concrete, formation of microstructure in hydrating concrete initiates on the consolidated frame. External bleeding water is excluded and the space occupied by internal bleeding becomes pore in hardened concrete. Understanding and furthermore estimation of bleeding are therefore important to assure the quality of fresh concrete. This paper provides a comprehensive model and advanced experimental setup for analyzing both external and internal bleeding.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.