One-pot purification and functionalization of single-walled carbon nanotubes in less-corrosive poly(phosphoric acid)
Cited 24 times inCited 28 times in
- One-pot purification and functionalization of single-walled carbon nanotubes in less-corrosive poly(phosphoric acid)
- Han, Sang-Wook; Oh, Se-Jin; Tan, Loon-Seng; Baek, Jong-Beom
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- CARBON, v.46, no.14, pp.1841 - 1849
- As-received commercial single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) were treated in mild, inorganic polyacid, viz. polyphosphoric acid (PPA) with or without additional phosphorous pentoxide (P(2)O(5)) at 130, 160, and 190 degrees C. Unlike the treatment in strong acids such as nitric acid/sulfuric acid mixtures, nitric acid and hydrochloric acid, PPA with or without additional P(2)O(5) could selectively remove the tenacious carbonaceous and metallic impurities with little or no damage to the basic frameworks of SWCNTs and crystalline carbon materials. Since the medium PPA/P(2)O(5) is known for an efficient "direct" Friedel-Crafts acylation using a carboxylic acid instead of a carboxylic acid chloride, it provides the advantage of combining both purification and functionalization steps into a one-pot process in manufacturing of functionalized SWCNTs.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.