Experiment and analysis of hypervapotron mock-ups for preparing the 2nd qualification of the ITER blanket first wall
Cited 3 times inCited 5 times in
- Experiment and analysis of hypervapotron mock-ups for preparing the 2nd qualification of the ITER blanket first wall
- Lee, Dong Won; Bae, Young Dug; Kim, Suk Kwon; Bang, In Cheol
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE SA
- FUSION ENGINEERING AND DESIGN, v.85, no.10-12, pp.2155 - 2159
- According to the increased heat flux condition up to 5 MW/m(2) in the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER), new design of the blanket first wall (FW) has been considered and the analysis was performed with ANSYS-CFX for checking its temperature with the ITER operation conditions. And a semi-prototype of the FW was proposed to be tested with the similar heat flux conditions under the second qualification for the FW procurement. In order to investigate the fabrication procedure and analysis capability of the code, two types of mock-up were fabricated according to the current semi-prototype design except for bending shape; one with hypervapotron and another without it. They were tested with KoHLT-2 (Korea Heat Load Test) facility and the results were compared with the ones by CFX code. The mass flow rate of inlet coolant was the same as the ITER condition and heat flux was loaded up to 0.48 MW/m(2) heat flux. The results show that the temperature of the mock-up can be predicted using the CFX code even with the complex geometry and the hypervapotron shows its function to increase the cooling.
- Appears in Collections:
- NUE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.