태화강 수계의 중금속 농도 분포와 오염도 평가
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- 태화강 수계의 중금속 농도 분포와 오염도 평가
- Other Titles
- Monitoring and Pollution Assessment of Heavy Metals in the Taehwa River, Ulsan, Korea
- Kwon, Hye Ok; Son, Hee Sik; Oh, Joo Yeon; Oh, Jeong Eun; Choi, Sung-Deuk
- Issue Date
- 한국환경분석학회지, v.16, no.3, pp.212 - 219
- Ulsan, a representative industrial city in South Korea, has various sources of heavy metals. The upstream of the Taehwa River in Ulsan is used to supply drinking water, but heavy metal pollution in this area has not been studied yet. Therefore, in this study, we investigated the levels and patterns of heavy metals in the Taehwa River including the upstream. We also evaluated water quality using the water pollution index. We collected water samples at 18 sites of the Taehwa River in February and May 2011. Target heavy metals were cadmium,chromium, lead, nickel, and zinc, which were analyzed by an inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer (ICP-MS). The concentration of heavy metals increased from the upstream to downstream, and the highest concentration was detected in the downstream nearby an industrial complex. The spatial distribution of heavy metals and water pollution indexes indicated that some urban sites and most industrial sites were artificially polluted, and non-point sources might play an important role in water pollution of the Taehwa River.
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.