Shear strength model for reinforced concrete rectangular hollow columns
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Shear strength model for reinforced concrete rectangular hollow columns
- Shin, Myoungsu; Choi, Yoon Young; Sun, Chang-Ho; Kim, Ick-Hyun
- Column aspect ratio; Ductility; Hollow column; Lateral loading; Shear strength
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- ENGINEERING STRUCTURES, v.56, no., pp.958 - 969
- The primary purpose of this paper is to propose an assessment model for concrete contribution to the shear strength of reinforced concrete (RC) rectangular hollow columns subjected to lateral loading. The model was developed based on the test results of this study, as well as other hollow column tests available in literature. A total of thirteen 1/4-scale RC rectangular hollow columns, with no transverse reinforcement, were tested under lateral loading in this study. The test variables included column length-to-depth aspect ratio, longitudinal steel ratio, hollow section ratio, web-to-gross section area ratio, and loading pattern. Also, a database of almost all RC hollow column tests available worldwide was assembled and used in quantifying the effect of increasing ductility on the column shear strength. Several popular shear models proposed earlier, all of which were mainly based on tests for columns with solid sections, were reviewed and compared with the developed model.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.