(R)-Lipo-Diaza-18-Crown-6 Self-Assembled Monolayer as a Selective Serotonin Receptor
Cited 11 times inCited 10 times in
- (R)-Lipo-Diaza-18-Crown-6 Self-Assembled Monolayer as a Selective Serotonin Receptor
- Park, Jin-Young; Lee, Yoon-Suk; Chang, Byoung-Yong; Karthikeyan, S.; Kim, Kwang S.; Kim, Byeang Hyean; Park, Su-Moon
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY, v.81, no.10, pp.3843 - 3850
- A highly selective receptor for serotonin was designed using cages formed by the (R)-lipo-diaza-18-crown-6 self-assembled monolayer (SAM) on gold and experimentally verified by a variety of electrochemical experiments in solutions containing large amounts of dopamine and ascorbic acid, as well as other interferents. The molecular modeling study showed that parameters such as the H-pi interaction provided important driving forces for the cage to form a strong inclusion complex with serotonin. The charge-transfer resistance (R(CT)'s) to/from redox probe ions, Fe(CN)(6)(3-5-), was greatly enhanced because of their electrostatic attractions to ammonium ions of serotonin molecules captured by cages. The changes in R(CT)-values were shown to be remarkably selective for serotonin in the presence of many interferents.
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.