Hierarchical polymer micropillar arrays decorated with ZnO nanowires
Cited 17 times inCited 14 times in
- Hierarchical polymer micropillar arrays decorated with ZnO nanowires
- Ko, Hyunhyub; Zhang, Zhenxing; Takei, Kuniharu; Javey, Ali
- Fabrication strategies; Flexible substrate; Micro Pillars; Microelements; Microfabricated; Nanoelements; Organic/inorganic; Planar surface; Replica molding; Robust methods; Super-hydrophobic surfaces; ZnO nanowires; ZnO NWs
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.21, no.29, pp.1 - 5
- We introduce a simple and robust method for fabricating hierarchical fibrillar arrays based on polymer micropillar (mu PLR) arrays decorated with ZnO nanowires (NWs) on mechanically flexible substrates. The hierarchical fibrillar arrays are fabricated by replica molding of polymer mu PLR arrays on microfabricated silicon templates and subsequent solution-based growth of ZnO NWs. Fine control over the dimensions and aspect ratios of both the microelements and the nanoelements is demonstrated. The hierarchical mu PLR/NW arrays show superhydrophobic surface properties, with the contact angle higher than that of planar surfaces and mu PLR arrays without nanostructures. The fabrication strategy suggested here may be potentially extended to fabricate other organic/inorganic hierarchical systems for different applications.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.