Relativistic terahertz pulse generation by non-linear interaction of a high-power fs laser with underdense plasmas
Cited 0 times inCited 1 times in
- Relativistic terahertz pulse generation by non-linear interaction of a high-power fs laser with underdense plasmas
- Kim, J. J.; Jang, D. G.; Hur, Min Sup; Jang, H.; Suk, H.
- Frequency shift; Fs laser; High-power; Incident laser; Intense laser; Laser power; Laser spot size; Linear dependence; Lorentz factor; Nonlinear interactions; Particle-in-cell simulations; Relativistic effects; Terahertz pulse generation; Terahertz radiation; THz fields; THz frequencies; THz pulse; Underdense plasmas
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICS D-APPLIED PHYSICS, v.45, no.39, pp.1 - 5
- Generation of a terahertz radiation by the interaction of a highly intense laser (I-L >= 10(18) W cm(-2)) and an underdense plasma with relativistic effects has been investigated. The results of two-dimensional particle-in-cell simulations for the relativistic frequency shift of the emitted THz pulse are presented. It was found that the emitted THz frequency is shifted down with the scaling of gamma(-alpha), where gamma is the Lorentz factor of the driving laser pulse and a is roughly 0.2 and slightly depends on the laser spot size. Furthermore, the monotonic linear dependence of the THz field strength on the incident laser power was observed. Comparison of the non-relativistic and relativistic laser power regime is shown as well.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.