Soluble P3HT-Grafted Graphene for Efficient Bilayer-Heterojunction Photovoltaic Devices
Cited 121 times inCited 106 times in
- Soluble P3HT-Grafted Graphene for Efficient Bilayer-Heterojunction Photovoltaic Devices
- Yu, Dingshan; Yang, Yan; Durstock, Michael; Baek, Jong-Beom; Dai, Liming
- Bi-layer; Carboxylic group; Covalent linkage; Device fabrications; Electrochemical measurements; Electronic interactions; End-functionalization; Esterification reactions; Graphene oxides; Graphenes; Heterojunction photovoltaic devices; Heterostructures; Photovoltaic devices; Poly (3-hexylthiophene); Power conversion efficiencies; Regio-regular; solution processing; Solution-cast
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS NANO, v.4, no.10, pp.5633 - 5640
- CH2OH-terminated regioregular poly(3-hexylthiophene) (P3HT) was chemically grafted onto carboxylic groups of graphene oxide (GO) via esterification reaction. The resultant P3HT-grafted GO sheets (G-P3HT) are soluble in common organic solvents, facilitating the structure/property characterization and the device fabrication by solution processing. The covalent linkage and the strong electronic interaction between the P3HT and graphene moieties in G-P3HT were confirmed by spectroscopic analyses and electrochemical measurements. A bilayer photovoltaic device based on the solution-cast G-P3HT/C-60 heterostructures showed a 200% increase of the power conversion efficiency (eta = 0.61%) with respect to the P3HT/C-60 counterpart under AM 1.5 illumination (100 mW/cm(2)).
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.