Development of a multiscale machining compound mesoscale machine tool (MMT) platform
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Development of a multiscale machining compound mesoscale machine tool (MMT) platform
- Kong, Kyungil; Kim, Hyun Myung; Kim, Dong Min; Park, Hyung Wook
- Issue Date
- AMER SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHERS
- ADVANCED SCIENCE LETTERS, v.13, no.1, pp.152 - 157
- This paper describes a multiscale machining compound mesoscale machine tool (MMT) platform. In this study, a multiscale machining compound MMT platform was developed to carry out macro/micro mechanical machining with a single chucking system. The platform consists of an HF 750 W spindle (24,000 RPM) for conventional mechanical machining, Planet 2000 high speed spindle (160,000 RPM) for mechanical micro-machining, highprecision X/Y/Z tables, and an oil mist system. Its overall size is 0.5×0.4×0.5 m3. The static and dynamic stiffness of this platform were analyzed to identify the effects of static and dynamic motions. The new system was found to reduce the estimated machining time (EMT) for rectangular and hexagonal arrays by about 30%. Its form accuracy was also evaluated. In conclusion, this multiscale machining compound MMT platform increases the production rate for micro-products.
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.