Unique Structural Changes of Three-Dimensionally Ordered Macroporous TiO2 Electrode Materials During Electrochemical Cycling
Cited 18 times inCited 10 times in
- Unique Structural Changes of Three-Dimensionally Ordered Macroporous TiO2 Electrode Materials During Electrochemical Cycling
- Kim, Hyejung; Kim, Min Gyu; Cho, Jaephil
- electrodes; intercalation; Jahn– Teller distortion; lithium ion batteries; structural change; TiO2
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED ENERGY MATERIALS, v.2, no.12, pp.1425 - 1432
- Structural changes during lithium intercalation (to x = 1.1 in LixTiO2) are studied in three-dimensionally ordered macroporous (3DOM)-TiO2 (figure) prepared by colloidal crystal templating. During the charging/discharging cycles, the pristine crystalline domains are pulverized to smaller nanodomains (∼4 nm), but the original 3DOM structure remains robust and maintains its pristine pore-wall thickness. The long-range ordered crystalline orthorhombic phase is partially transformed into the short-range order amorphous phase and Jahn–Teller distortion is also observed.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.