Size Effect of Ruthenium Nanoparticles in Catalytic Carbon Monoxide Oxidation
Cited 0 times inCited 84 times in
- Size Effect of Ruthenium Nanoparticles in Catalytic Carbon Monoxide Oxidation
- Joo, Sang Hoon; Park, Jeong Y.; Renzas, J. Russell; Butcher, Derek R.; Huang, Wenyu; Somorjai, Gabor A.
- Carbon monoxide oxidation; Catalytic activity; Catalytic behavior; CO oxidation; Future designs; Nano-catalyst; Oxidation catalysts; Particle size effect; Poly(vinyl pyrrolidone); Reaction conditions; Ru nanoparticles; Ru(acac); Ruthenium catalysts; Ruthenium Nanoparticles; Size effects
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- NANO LETTERS, v.10, no.7, pp.2709 - 2713
- Carbon monoxide oxidation over ruthenium catalysts has shown an unusual catalytic behavior Here we report a particle size effect on CO oxidation over Ru nanoparticle (NP) catalysts Uniform Ru NPs with a tunable particle size from 2 to 6 nm were synthesized by a polyol reduction of Ru(acac)(3) precursor in the presence of poly(vinylpyrrolidone) stabilizer The measurement of catalytic activity of CO oxidation over two-dimensional Ru NPs arrays under oxidizing reaction conditions (40 Torr CO and 100 Torr O(2)) showed an activity dependence on the Ru NP size The CO oxidation activity increases with NP size, and the 6 nm Ru NP catalyst shows 8-fold higher activity than the 2 nm catalysts The results gained from this study will provide the scientific basis for future design of Ru-based oxidation catalysts.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.