Enhancement of electrochemical stability and catalytic activity of Pt nanoparticles via strong metal-support interaction with sulfur-containing ordered mesoporous carbon
Cited 0 times inCited 13 times in
- Enhancement of electrochemical stability and catalytic activity of Pt nanoparticles via strong metal-support interaction with sulfur-containing ordered mesoporous carbon
- Kwon, Kyungjung; Jin, Seon-ah; Pak, Chanho; Chang, Hyuk; Joo, Sang Hoon; Lee, Hyung Ik; Kim, Jin Hoe; Kim, Ji Man
- Carbon support; Catalytic activity; Charged state; Electrochemical stabilities; Heterogeneous atoms; Ordered mesoporous carbon; Oxygen reduction; Oxygen reduction reaction kinetics; Pt nanoparticle; Pt nanoparticles; Strong metal-support interaction; Sulfur atoms; XPS analysis
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- CATALYSIS TODAY, v.164, no.1, pp.186 - 189
- Pt nanoparticles on sulfur-containing ordered mesoporous carbon (Pt/S-OMC) are obtained with 3 nm in size and 60 wt.% loading. XPS analysis shows that there is a strong metal-support interaction between Pt nanoparticles and S atoms embedded on the OMC support. This strong metal-support interaction fastens Pt nanoparticles upon the support and alters the electronic state of Pt from Pt(0) of bulk Pt to a slightly charged state of Pt(delta+). These features result in an improvement both in electrochemical stability and oxygen reduction reaction kinetics compared to Pt/OMC where the OMC does not have sulfur atoms. The approach of tuning the electronic state and the interaction of Pt on carbon supports by embedding heterogeneous atoms into the OMC can effectively improve the stability and catalytic activity of Pt nanoparticles.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.