Nanocomposite Prepared from In Situ Grafting of Polypyrrole to Aminobenzoyl-Functionalized Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube and Its Electrochemical Properties
Cited 0 times inCited 6 times in
- Nanocomposite Prepared from In Situ Grafting of Polypyrrole to Aminobenzoyl-Functionalized Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube and Its Electrochemical Properties
- Jeon, In-Yup; Choi, Hyun-Jung; Tan, Loon-Seng; Baek, Jong-Beom
- 4-aminobenzoic acid; Alkaline treatment; Ammonium persulfate; Covalent link; Cycle stability; De-doping; Electrical conductivity; Electrocatalytic activity; Electron transfer; Friedel-crafts acylation; Functionalizations; grafting; Homopolymers; Hydrochloric acid solution; In-situ; Multi-walled; Oxygen reduction reaction; Polyphosphoric acids
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF POLYMER SCIENCE PART A-POLYMER CHEMISTRY, v.49, no.12, pp.2529 - 2537
- We reported the functionalization of multiwalled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) with 4-aminobenzoic acid by a "direct'' Friedel-Crafts acylation reaction in a mild polyphosphoric acid (PPA)/phosphorous pentoxide (P2O5) medium. The resulting 4-aminobenzoyl-functionalized MWCNT (AF-MWCNT) was used as a platform for the grafting of polypyrrole (PPy) in ammonium persulfate (APS)/aqueous hydrochloric acid solution to produce PPy-grafted MWCNT (PPy-g-MWCNT) composite. After dedoping with alkaline treatment, PPy-g-MWCNT displayed 20 times higher electrical conductivity than that of PPy. The current density and cycle stability of PPy-g-MWCNT composite were also remarkably improved compared with those of PPy homopolymer, suggesting that an efficient electron transfer between PPy and MWCNT was possible through covalent links. In addition, PPy-g-MWCNT displayed high electrocatalytic activity for oxygen reduction reaction (ORR).
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.