Enhanced sinterability of BaZr(0.1)Ce(0.7)Y(0.1)Yb(0.1)O(3-delta) by addition of nickel oxide
Cited 0 times inCited 7 times in
- Enhanced sinterability of BaZr(0.1)Ce(0.7)Y(0.1)Yb(0.1)O(3-delta) by addition of nickel oxide
- Liu, Yong; Yang, Lei; Liu, Mingfei; Tang, Zhiyuan; Liu, Meilin
- Electrical conductivity; Electrolyte membrane; Grain sizes; Operating condition; Relative density; Sinterability; Sintering aid; Sintering behaviors; Sintering temperatures; Theoretical density
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF POWER SOURCES, v.196, no.23, pp.9980 - 9984
- The effect of nickel oxide addition on the sintering behavior and electrical properties of BaZr(0.1)Ce(0.7)Y(0.1)Yb(0.1)O(3-delta) (BZCYYb) as an electrolyte for solid oxide fuel cells was systematically studied. Results suggest that the addition of a small amount (similar to 1 wt%) of NiO to BZCYYb greatly promoted densification achieving similar to 96% of the theoretical density after sintering at 1350 degrees C in air for 3 h (reducing the sintering 'temperature by similar to 200 degrees C). Further, a sample sintered at 1450 degrees C for 3 h showed high open circuit voltages (OCVs) when used as the electrolyte membrane to separate the two electrodes under typical SOFC operating conditions, indicating that the electrical conductivity of the electrical conductivity of the BZCYYb was not adversely affected by the addition of similar to 1 wt% NiO.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.