The electrochemical and thermodynamic characterization of PrBaCo2-xFexO5+delta (x=0, 0.5, 1) infiltrated into yttria-stabilized zirconia scaffold as cathodes for solid oxide fuel cells
Cited 0 times inCited 17 times in
- The electrochemical and thermodynamic characterization of PrBaCo2-xFexO5+delta (x=0, 0.5, 1) infiltrated into yttria-stabilized zirconia scaffold as cathodes for solid oxide fuel cells
- Choi, Sihyuk; Shin, Jeeyoung; Kim, Guntae
- Cathode materials; Cathode polarization; Double perovskites; Electrical conductivity; Electrochemical performance; Entropy changes; Fe content; High probability; Impedance spectrum; Intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cell; Interstitial oxygen; IT-SOFCs; Maximum power density; Oxygen nonstoichiometry; Oxygen partial pressure; Redox stability; Symmetrical cells; Thermodynamic characterization
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF POWER SOURCES, v.201, no., pp.10 - 17
- The effect of Fe substitution for Co on the thermodynamic and electrical properties of the double perovskites, PrBaCo2-xFexO5+delta (PBCF, x = 0, 0.5, 1), are investigated as cathode materials for intermediate-temperature solid oxide fuel cells (IT-SOFCs). At a given temperature, the electrical conductivity decreases with increasing Fe content, x, in the PBCF-YSZ composites in air. PBCF-YSZ (x = 1) composite appear to be more stable than PBCF-YSZ (x = 0) composite down to lower oxygen partial pressure, p(O-2), at the same temperature. The higher oxidation enthalpies of the x = 1 composite can also explain the superior stability at roughly the same p(O-2). The high entropy change for the x =1 composite can indicate the high probability in the formation of interstitial oxygen at approximately the same p(O-2). Impedance spectra of symmetrical cells (PBCF-YSZ/YSZ/PBCF-YSZ) show lower cathode polarization losses with increasing amounts of Fe. The maximum power densities of x = 0 composite and x = 0.5 composite are 0.68 and 0.72 W cm(-2), respectively, at 973 K. The maximum power density of the x = 1 composite is, however, about 20% higher than that of the other composites. Considering redox stability and electrochemical performance, higher Fe content of PrBaCo2-xFexO5+delta (x = 1) is more suitable as a cathode material than x = 0 composite in IT-SOFC application.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.