Large-Scale, Ultrapliable, and Free-Standing Nanomembranes
Cited 0 times inCited 2 times in
- Large-Scale, Ultrapliable, and Free-Standing Nanomembranes
- Kang, Edward; Ryoo, Jihee; Jeong, Gi Seok; Choi, Yoon Young; Jeong, Seung Min; Ju, Jongil; Chung, Seok; Takayama, Shuichi; Lee, Sang-Hoon
- Cell monolayers; Epithelial monolayers; Free-standing nanomembranes; Nanomembranes; PDMS membrane; Tight junctions; Ultra-thin; Ultra-thin membranes
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED MATERIALS, v.25, no.15, pp.2167 - 2173
- The creation and characterization of large-area ultrathin highly pliable free-standing PDMS membranes and their application to the study of cellular epithelia is described. The ultra-thin membranes permitted the straight forward calculation of cell monolayer moduli, derived from measured stress-strain curves. These measurements allowed the unprecedented detection of cellular-level injury in the epithelia caused by the rupture of cell-cell tight junctions in response to stretching.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- BME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.