Multiscale Carbon Structures Fabricated by Direct Micropatterning of Electrospun Mats of SU-8 Photoresist Nanofibers
Cited 0 times inCited 20 times in
- Multiscale Carbon Structures Fabricated by Direct Micropatterning of Electrospun Mats of SU-8 Photoresist Nanofibers
- Sharma, Chandra S.; Sharma, Ashutosh; Madou, Marc
- Carbon structures; Electrospuns; Hydrophilic carbons; Micro patterning; Micro-domains; Micropatches; Micropatterned; Multiscales; Nanotextured surface; Negative photoresists; Novel methods; Optimized conditions; Ordered array; Polymeric nanofibers; Silicon substrates; SU-8 photoresist; Water contact angle
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- LANGMUIR, v.26, no.4, pp.2218 - 2222
- A novel method for the direct fabrication of arrays of micropatterned polymeric and carbon nanofiber Structures on my substrate is developed. First SU-8, an epoxy-based negative photoresist, is electrospun under optimized conditions to produce a layer of polymeric nanofibers. Next, this nanofibrous mat is micropattererned using photolithography, and Finally, pyrolysis produces ordered arrays of microdomains containing carbon nanofibers. The nanotextured surfaces Of carbon nanofibers are shown to be very hydrophobic (water contact angle similar to 130 degrees). Micropatterning thus generates a substantial wettability contrast of nanofiber domains with intervening micropatches of very hydrophilic carbon (similar to 20 degrees) or silicon substrates.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- BME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.