The Retirement Consumption in Korea: Evidence from the Korean Labor and Income Panel Study
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- The Retirement Consumption in Korea: Evidence from the Korean Labor and Income Panel Study
- Cho, Insook
- Issue Date
- ROUTLEDGE JOURNALS, TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
- GLOBAL ECONOMIC REVIEW, v.41, no.2, pp.163 - 187
- This paper examines the retirement consumption in Korea using the Korean Labor and Income Panel Study. This paper reports a significant post-retirement consumption fall among elderly households. The empirical results of this paper suggest that a reduction in work-related expenses is an important factor to explain the observed post-retirement consumption fall. In addition, this paper finds that the post-retirement consumption growth rate varies depending on each household's pre-retirement wealth level. The findings of this paper provide empirical evidence on retirement consumption in an emerging market with no matured public pension programmes.
- Appears in Collections:
- SBA_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.