β-Alkyl substituted Dithieno[2,3-d;2′,3′-d′]benzo[1,2-b;4,5-b′]dith iophene Semiconducting Materials and Their Application to Solution-Proce ssed Organic Transistors
Cited 0 times inCited 11 times in
- β-Alkyl substituted Dithieno[2,3-d;2′,3′-d′]benzo[1,2-b;4,5-b′]dith iophene Semiconducting Materials and Their Application to Solution-Proce ssed Organic Transistors
- Kim, Jonggi; Han, A-Reum; Seo, Jung Hwa; Oh, Joon Hak; Yang, Changduk
- Air-stable; Charge injection barriers; Coplanarity; Electrical performance; Electrophilic coupling; Environmental stability; Gold electrodes; heteroacenes; Highest occupied molecular orbital; Molecular design; Organic transistor; Polymer backbones; Polymeric semiconductors; Semiconducting materials; Semiconductor properties; Solution-processed; thiophene-benzene annulated acenes
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- CHEMISTRY OF MATERIALS, v.24, no.17, pp.3464 - 3472
- A novel highly pi-extended heteroacene with four symmetrically fused thiophene-ring units and solubilizing substituents at the terminal a-positions on the central ring, dithieno[2,3-d;2',3'-d]benzo[1,2-b;4,5-b]dithiophene (DTBDT) was synthesized via intramolecular electrophilic coupling reaction. The a-positions availability in the DTBDT motif enables the preparation of solution-processable DTBDT-based polymers such as PDTBDT, PDTBDT-BT, PDTBDT-DTBT, and PDTBDT-DTDPP. Even with its highly extended acene-like pi-framework, all polymers show fairly good environmental stability of their highest occupied molecular orbitals (HOMOs) from -5.21 to -5.59 eV. In the course of our study to assess a profile of semiconductor properties, field-effect transistor performance of the four DTBDT-containing copolymers via solution-process is characterized, and PDTBDT-DTDPP exhibits the best electrical performance with a hole mobility of 1.70 X 10(-2) cm(2) V-1 s(-1). PDTBDT-DTDPP has a relatively smaller charge injection barrier for a hole from the gold electrodes and maintains good coplanarity of the polymer backbone, indicating the enhanced pi-pi stacking characteristic and charge carrier transport. The experimental results demonstrate that our molecular design strategy for air-stable, high-performance organic semiconductors is highly promising.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.