Fabrication of Carbon Microcapsules Containing Silicon Nanoparticles-Carbon Nanotubes Nanocomposite for Anode in Lithium Ion Battery
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Fabrication of Carbon Microcapsules Containing Silicon Nanoparticles-Carbon Nanotubes Nanocomposite for Anode in Lithium Ion Battery
- Bae, Joonwon; Park, Jongnam
- Anode performance; Carbon precursors; Carbon shells; Cyclic performance; Free spaces; Half-cell tests; Lithium-ion battery; Microcapsules; Nanohybrids; Outer surface; Polymer layers; Polymer precursors; Polymerization method; Silicon nanoparticles; Thermal heating
- Issue Date
- KOREAN CHEMICAL SOC
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.33, no.9, pp.3025 - 3032
- Carbon microcapsules containing silicon nanoparticles (Si NPs)-carbon nanotubes (CNTs) nanocomposite (Si-CNT@C) have been fabricated by a two step polymerization method. Silicon nanoparticles-carbon nanotubes (Si-CNT) nanohybrids were prepared with a wet-type beadsmill method. A polymer, which is easily removable by a thermal treatment (intermediate polymer) was polymerized on the outer surfaces of Si-CNT nanocomposites. Subsequently, another polymer, which can be carbonized by thermal heating (carbon precursor polymer) was incorporated onto the surfaces of pre-existing polymer layer. In this way, polymer precursor spheres containing Si-CNT nanohybrids were produced using a two step polymerization. The intermediate polymer must disappear during carbonization resulting in the formation of an internal free space. The carbon precursor polymer should transform to carbon shell to encapsulate remaining Si-CNT nanocomposites. Therefore, hollow carbon microcapsules containing Si-CNT nanocomposites could be obtained (Si-CNT@C). The successful fabrication was confirmed by scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and X-ray diffraction (XRD). These final materials were employed for anode performance improvement in lithium ion battery. The cyclic performances of these Si-CNT@C microcapsules were measured with a lithium battery half cell tests.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.