Recognition Unit Determination of Interactive Chinese Speech Recognition for Embedded Devices
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Recognition Unit Determination of Interactive Chinese Speech Recognition for Embedded Devices
- Jang, Gil-Jin; Pan, Chunghsi; Park, Jae-Hyun; Park, Jeong-sik; Kim, Ji-Hwan
- Chinese language; Chinese speech recognition; Embedded device; Extended initial/final; Large vocabulary; Memory restrictions; Memory usage; Phonetic units; Recognition units; Small footprint; Triphones; Word recognition
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONSUMER ELECTRONICS, v.58, no.4, pp.1353 - 1358
- The work in this paper concerns the determination of a recognition unit in a small footprint Chinese large vocabulary word recognition system for embedded devices. This paper proposes a method of extending the conventional initial/final phonetic units in Chinese language to be used as a recognition unit. The word recognition performance of the proposed extended initial/final is compared with that of other recognition units, such as syllable, phoneme, triphone and the original initial/final. Under a similar memory usage limitation, the word recognition rates of different recognition units are evaluated. The proposed extended initial/final shows the best performance in a fixed memory usage condition: 93.74%, 94.76%, and 95.42% accuracy for 50K-word recognizer under memory restriction around 500KB, 1MB, and 5MB, respectively(1).
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.