Catalytic Role of Ge in Highly Reversible GeO2/Ge/C Nanocomposite Anode Material for Lithium Batteries
Cited 0 times inCited 25 times in
- Catalytic Role of Ge in Highly Reversible GeO2/Ge/C Nanocomposite Anode Material for Lithium Batteries
- Seng, Kuok Hau; Park, Mi-hee; Guo, Zai Ping; Liu, Hua Kun; Cho, Jaephil
- Anode material; Carbon coating; Catalytic role; Conversion reactions; Electrochemical performance; Form clusters; Germanium dioxide; High capacity
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- NANO LETTERS, v.13, no.3, pp.1230 - 1236
- GeO2/Ge/C anode material synthesized using a simple method involving simultaneous carbon coating and reduction by acetylene gas is composed of nanosized GeO2/Ge particles coated by a thin layer of carbon, which is also interconnected between neighboring particles to form clusters of up to 30 mu m. The GeO2/Ge/C composite shows a high capacity of up to 1860 mAh/g and 1680 mAh/g at 1 C (2.1 A/g) and 10 C rates, respectively. This good electrochemical performance is related to the fact that the elemental germanium nanoparticles present in the composite increases the reversibility of the conversion reaction of GeO2. These factors have been found through investigating and comparing GeO2/Ge/C, GeO2/C, nanosized GeO2, and bulk GeO2.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.