Solvent-Induced Structural Dynamics in Noninterpenetrating Porous Coordination Polymeric Networks
Cited 0 times inCited 9 times in
- Solvent-Induced Structural Dynamics in Noninterpenetrating Porous Coordination Polymeric Networks
- Medishetty, Raghavender; Jung, Daram; Song, Xiaokai; Kim, Dongwook; Lee, Shim Sung; Lah, Myoung Soo; Vittal, Jagadese J.
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- INORGANIC CHEMISTRY, v.52, no.6, pp.2951 - 2957
- Three novel soft porous coordination polymer (PCP) or metal-organic framework (MOF) compounds have been synthesized with a new rigid ligand N-(4-pyridyl)-1,4,5,8-naphathalenetetracarboxymonoimide (PNMI) by partial hydrolysis of N,N'-di(4-pyridyl)-1,4,5,8-naphthalenete-tracarboxydiimide (DPNI) during solvothermal reactions with Zn(II), Cd(II), and Mn(II) salts, and they are [Zn(PNMI)]center dot 2DMA (1 center dot 2DMA, 1a), [Cd-(PNMI)]center dot 0.5DMA center dot 5H(2)O (2 center dot 0.5DMA center dot 5H(2)O), and [Mn-(PNMI)]center dot 0.75DMF (3 center dot 0.75DMF). The structure of 1 is based on paddle-wheel secondary building unit (SBU) with a 3,6-connected rtl net topology, whereas 2 and 3 are isotypical but the M(O2C-C)(2) fragments aggregate in one-dimension and the overall connectivity is the same rtl net topology. All these three MOFs have one-dimensional rhombic channels filled with guest molecules. The guest molecules in 1a can be exchanged with EtOH in a single-crystal to single-crystal (SCSC) manner to 1 center dot 1.25EtOH-0.375H(2)O (1b). Further, the guest molecules in 1b can be replaced with ethylene glycol, triethylene glycol and allyl alcohol without destroying its single crystal nature. These guest exchanges are accompanied by reduction in volume of the unit cell up to 16%, as well as the void volume up to 33.1%. Similarly, triethylene glycol (TEGly) selectively exchanges EtOH in a mixture of the above solvents, which might be the result of correct fit of the hydrogen-bonded TEGly dimer in the channel of 1. While activated 1 and 3 exhibit no uptake of N-2 and H-2 at 1 bar and 77 K and very low uptake of CO2 gas at 1 bar and 196 K, activated 2 shows selective CO2 uptake, 278 cm(2).g(-1), over N-2 and H-2 at 1 bar and 196 K, which corresponds to 5.87 molecules of CO2 per formula unit of 2.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.