Effect of Incorporation of TiO2 Nanoparticles into Oriented TiO2 Nanotube Based Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
Cited 11 times inCited 10 times in
- Effect of Incorporation of TiO2 Nanoparticles into Oriented TiO2 Nanotube Based Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Shin, Kahee; Jun, Yongseok; Han, Gui Young; Park, Jong Hyeok
- Dye-Sensitized solar cell; Dye-sensitized solar cells; Electric conversion efficiency; Oxide nanoparticles; Photocurrent enhancement; Solar light; Surface area; TiO; Tio 2; Titanium oxide nanotubes; Visible light; Visible light absorption
- Issue Date
- AMER SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHERS
- JOURNAL OF NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.9, no.12, pp.7436 - 7439
- The authors present the first reported use of vertically oriented titanium oxide nanotube/titanium oxide nanoparticle nanocomposites to improve the efficiency of T102 based dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). Titanium oxide nanotubes incorporating titanium oxide nanoparticles were prepared to harvest more solar light, and their solar-to-electric conversion efficiency was characterized. The incorporation of the titanium oxide nanoparticles increased the visible light absorption of the titanium oxide nanotube based DSSC system because of the increased light absorption resulting from the increased surface area. However, the photocurrent enhancement was more obvious under the illumination of visible light with a wavelength longer than 550 nm owing to the light scattering effect of the titanium oxide nanoparticles.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.