Fabrication of high-strength duplex nanoporous Cu by dealloying a dual-phase Mg–Cu precursor alloy
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Fabrication of high-strength duplex nanoporous Cu by dealloying a dual-phase Mg–Cu precursor alloy
- Lee, Si-Young; Baek, Soo-Min; Gwak, Eun-Ji; Kang, Na-Ri; Kim, Ju-Young; Kim, Su-Hyeon; Lee, Jung Gu; Park, Sung Soo
- Issue Date
- National Engineering Research Center for Magnesium Alloys of China, Chongqing University
- JOURNAL OF MAGNESIUM AND ALLOYS, v.8, no.3, pp.910 - 916
- Duplex nanoporous Cu was successfully fabricated by dealloying a dual-phase Mg–Cu precursor alloy consisting of intermetallic Mg2Cu and MgCu2. The duplex nanoporous Cu with embedded nanoporous struts exhibited highly enhanced strength compared to the typical monolithic nanoporous Cu under both compressive and flexural test conditions at room temperature; the duplex np-Cu sample exhibited a 12 times higher compressive strength and a 40 times greater flexural strength than the monolithic np-Cu sample. Factors responsible for the strength enhancement in the duplex nanoporous Cu are discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.