Metal-Organic Framework Integrated Anodes for Aqueous Zinc-Ion Batteries
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Metal-Organic Framework Integrated Anodes for Aqueous Zinc-Ion Batteries
- Yuksel, Recep; Buyukcakir, Onur; Seong, Won Kyung; Ruoff, Rodney S.
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED ENERGY MATERIALS, v.10, no.16, pp.1904215
- Zinc-based batteries have a high capacity and are safe, cost-effective, environmentally-friendly, and capable of scalable production. However, dendrite formation and poor reversibility hinder their performance. Metal-organic framework (MOF)-based Zn anodes are made by wet chemistry to address these issues. These MOF-based anodes exhibit high efficiency during Zn plating-stripping and prevent dendrite formation, as shown by ex situ SEM analysis. The practicality of the MOF-based anodes is demonstrated in aqueous Zn ion batteries, which show improved performance including specific capacity, cycle life, and safety relative to the pristine Zn anode due to their hydrophilic and porous surface. These results, along with the easy scalability of the process, demonstrate the high potential of MOF-modified Zn anodes for use in dendrite-free, higher-performance, Zn-based energy storage systems.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.