Analyticity of solutions to the barotropic compressible Navier-Stokes equations
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Analyticity of solutions to the barotropic compressible Navier-Stokes equations
- Bae, Hantaek
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- JOURNAL OF DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS, v.269, no.2, pp.1718 - 1743
- In this paper, we establish analyticity of solutions to the barotropic compressible Navier-Stokes equations describing the motion of the density rho and the velocity field u in R-3. We assume that rho(0) is a small perturbation of 1 and (1 - 1/rho(0), u(0)) are analytic in Besov spaces with analyticity radius omega > 0. We show that the corresponding solutions are analytic globally in time when (1 - 1/rho(0), u(0)) are sufficiently small. To do this, we introduce the exponential operator e((omega-theta(t))D) acting on (1 - 1/rho, u), where D is the differential operator whose Fourier symbol is given by vertical bar xi vertical bar(1)=vertical bar xi(1)vertical bar + vertical bar xi(2)vertical bar + vertical bar xi(3)vertical bar and theta(t) is chosen to satisfy theta(t) < omega globally in time. (C) 2020 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.