Topology-Aware Fanout Set Division Scheme for QoS-Guaranteed Multicast Transmission
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Topology-Aware Fanout Set Division Scheme for QoS-Guaranteed Multicast Transmission
- Kim, Kyungmin; Lee, Jaiyong
- Issue Date
- KOREAN INST COMMUNICATIONS SCIENCES (K I C S)
- JOURNAL OF COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKS, v.15, no.6, pp.614 - 634
- The proliferation of real-time multimedia services requires huge amounts of data transactions demanding strict quality-of-service (QoS) guarantees. Multicast transmission is a promising technique because of its efficient network resource utilization. However, high head-of-line (HOL) blocking probability and lack of service-specific QoS control should be addressed for practical implementations of multicast networks. In this paper, a topology aware fanout set division (TAFD) scheme is proposed to resolve these problems. The proposed scheme is composed of two techniques that reduce HOL blocking probability and expedite packet delivery for large-delay branches regarding multicast tree topology. Since management of global topology information is not necessary, scalability of the proposed scheme is guaranteed. Mathematical analysis investigates effects of the proposed scheme and derives optimal operational parameters. The evaluation results show that the TAFD scheme achieves significant delay reduction and satisfies required delay bounds on various multicast networks.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.