Helical Silicon/Silicon Oxide Core-Shell Anodes Grown onto the Surface of Bulk Silicon
Cited 29 times inCited 25 times in
- Helical Silicon/Silicon Oxide Core-Shell Anodes Grown onto the Surface of Bulk Silicon
- Yoo, Hana; Lee, Jung-In; Kim, Hyunjung; Lee, Jung-Pil; Cho, Jaephil; Park, Soojin
- Anode material; Bulk silicon; Core-shell; Cycling performance; Electrochemical performance; High specific capacity; High-temperature annealing; Lithiation; Lithium ion batteries; Nanocoils; Nanostructured composites; Urchin-like; Volumetric capacity
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- NANO LETTERS, v.11, no.10, pp.4324 - 4328
- We demonstrate a simple route for preparing Si/SiO(x) urchin-like structures in which Si/SiO(x) core-shell nanocoils protruded out from the surface of bulk Si, via high-temperature annealing of Pt-decorated Si powders. The carbon-coated urchin-like anodes with micro- and nanostructured composite exhibit a significantly improved electrochemical performance with a high specific capacity of 1600 mAh/g and a superior cycling performance of 70 cycles at a rate of 0.2 C due to the nanocoil conformation and SiO(x) buffer layer. More importantly, the composite results in a significantly enhanced the volumetric capacity with similar to 3780 mAh/cc, compared to bulk Si (similar to 2720 mAh/cc) after fully lithiation to 0 V.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.