On reducing IP mobility cost in mobile networks
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- On reducing IP mobility cost in mobile networks
- Kim, Taehyoun; Lee, Jaiyong
- Issue Date
- IEICE-INST ELECTRONICS INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS ENG
- IEICE TRANSACTIONS ON COMMUNICATIONS, v.E89B, no.3, pp.731 - 738
- Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 (HMIPv6) was proposed by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) for efficient mobility management. HMIPv6 reduces the amount of signaling in the wired network link that exists in Mobile IPv6. But, HMIPv6 cannot reduce the signaling cost in the wireless link. In mobile networks, the wireless link has far less available bandwidth resources and limited scalability compared with the wired network link. Therefore, the signaling overhead associated with mobility management severely degrades the wireless link. In this paper, we propose virtual-IP (VIP) allocation scheme with dynamic VIP zone to reduce the wireless signaling cost in mobile networks. The performance of the proposed scheme is compared with HMIPv6. Based on the numerical analysis and simulation. we show that VIP allocation scheme reduces the wireless signaling cost under various system conditions.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.