OAM MIB: an end-to-end performance management solution for ATM
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- OAM MIB: an end-to-end performance management solution for ATM
- Choi, Yong-Hoon; Lee, Kil-Hung; Lee, Jaiyong; Lee, Sang-Bae
- Issue Date
- IEEE, Piscataway, NJ, United States
- IEEE JOURNAL ON SELECTED AREAS IN COMMUNICATIONS, v.18, no.5, pp.767 - 778
- Current network management needs an end-to-end overview of various connections rather than the information that is purely local to the individual devices. The typical manager-centric polling approach, however, is not adequate to understand network-wide behavior of a large-scale broadband network. In this paper, we propose a new management information base (MIB) approach, called operation, administration, and maintenance (OAM) MIB. The MIB provides a network manager with dynamic end-to-end management information by utilizing special standard ATM cells. The MIB makes end-to-end management feasible while it reduces management-related traffic and manager-to-manager interactions. In our model, customer network management system access the MIB through M1/M2 reference points of the ATM Forum management architecture with simple network management protocol (SNMP).
- Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.