Lithium-Air Batteries: Survey on the Current Status and Perspectives Towards Automotive Applications from a Battery Industry Standpoint
Cited 30 times inCited 26 times in
- Lithium-Air Batteries: Survey on the Current Status and Perspectives Towards Automotive Applications from a Battery Industry Standpoint
- Park, Myounggu; Sun, Heeyoung; Lee, Hyungbok; Lee, Junesoo; Cho, Jaephil
- Automotive applications; Battery industry; Cell configurations; Current status; Driving range; Electrical vehicles; Journal paper; Li-ion batteries; Lithium-air battery; Small energy
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED ENERGY MATERIALS, v.2, no.7, pp.780 - 800
- Li-air rechargeable batteries theoretically have advantages from both secondary batteries and fuel cells, which can be viewed as the best technological blends for automotive applications resolving the so called mileage anxiety problem due to the limited driving range of electrical vehicles based upon Li-ion batteries; this problem is rooted in the intrinsically small energy density of Li-ion batteries. This very scientific trait of Li-air batteries, which is apparently suited to the requirements of batteries for future electric vehicles, has induced quite a strong surge of research recently. This occurrence has motivated the authors to undertake a thorough review in an effort to understand the current status of Li-air battery related technologies. A comprehensive survey from a battery industry standpoint has been conducted on the fundamentals of chemistry, utilized Li-air cell configurations (or types) vs. performance, and major components comprising Li-air batteries using various sources of previously published peer-reviewed journal papers, book chapters, patents, and industrial reports. The survey results are presented here.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.