Hole Transfer Promoted by a Viscosity Additive in an All-Polymer Photovoltaic Blend
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Hole Transfer Promoted by a Viscosity Additive in an All-Polymer Photovoltaic Blend
- Xu, Jianqiu; Wang, Rui; Chen, Shanshan; Zhang, Chunfeng; Liu, Lin; Huang, Fengzhen; Lu, Xiaomei; Yang, Changduk; Wang, Xiaoyong; Xiao, Min
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS, v.11, no.4, pp.1384 - 1389
- Viscosity modifiers are widely applied to improve the mechanical compliance of organic optoelectronic devices. However, the effect of the viscosity additives on the charge dynamics remains poorly understood. Here, we report the observation of markedly different effects of a high-viscosity polymeric additive on the electron- and hole-transfer dynamics in all-polymer organic photovoltaic blends. By using ultrafast transient absorption spectroscopy, we determine that hole transfer from charge-transfer excitations in the acceptor is markedly promoted while the electron transfer from local excitations in the donor remains nearly unchanged upon introduction of viscosity additives into the blends. We argue that the modification of dielectric screening is the mechanism underlying the effect of the additive on the charge dynamics. This finding suggests a new strategy for designing high-performance flexible organic photovoltaic devices by manipulating the dielectric environment.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.