Effective Magnetic Component Design of Three Phase Dual Active Bridge Converter for LVDC Distribution System
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Effective Magnetic Component Design of Three Phase Dual Active Bridge Converter for LVDC Distribution System
- Choi, Hyunjun; Seo, Bong-Gyo; Ryu, Myunghyo; Cho, Young-Pyo; Jung, Jee-Hoon
- Issue Date
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS, v.68, no.3, pp.1828 - 1840
- To improve the power conversion efficiency of a three-phase dual active bridge (3P-DAB) converter for LVDC distribution systems, a practical design methodology is proposed. Commonly, the 3P-DAB converter is designed by the only specification such as the rated power, input/output voltage, and frequency. However, using the conventional design method, the efficiency is low under heavy load conditions due to the high conduction loss. In this paper, based on the practical power loss analysis, the effective design methodology of the coupling inductance in the 3P-DAB converter is proposed, focusing on power conversion efficiency. It can mitigate the drawbacks of the common design by reducing the peak and RMS phase current and the IGBTs' turn-off current. Experimental results verify the validity of the proposed design methodology and controller using a 25-kW prototype 3P-DAB converter.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.