Effect of a novel amphipathic ionic liquid on lithium deposition in gel polymer electrolytes
Cited 6 times inCited 6 times in
- Effect of a novel amphipathic ionic liquid on lithium deposition in gel polymer electrolytes
- Choi, Nam-Soon; Koo, Bonjae; Yeon, Jin-Tak; Lee, Kyu Tae; Kim, Dong-Won
- Amphipathic; Bis(trifluoromethane sulfonyl)imide; Dimeric ionic liquid; Gel polymer electrolyte; Gel polymer electrolytes; Hydrophobic moieties; Imidazolium cation; Interfacial resistances; Lithium dendrite; Lithium electrode; Lithium metal anode; Metathesis reactions; Polar groups; SEM image
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ELECTROCHIMICA ACTA, v.56, no.21, pp.7249 - 7255
- A novel dimeric ionic liquid based on imidazolium cation and bis(trifluoromethanesulfonyl) imide (TFSI) anion has been synthesized through a metathesis reaction. its chemical shift values and thermal properties are identified via I H nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) imaging and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). The effect of the synthesized dimeric ionic liquid on the interfacial resistance of gel polymer electrolytes is described. Differences in the SEM images of lithium electrodes after lithium deposition with and without the 1,1'-pentyl-bis(2,3-dimethylimidazolium) bis(trifluoromethane-sulfonyl)imide (PDMITFSI) ionic liquid in gel polymer electrolytes are clearly discernible. This occurs because the PDMITFSI ionic liquid with hydrophobic moieties and polar groups modulates lithium deposit pathways onto the lithium metal anode. Moreover, high anodic stability for a gel polymer electrolyte with the PDMITFSI ionic liquid was clearly observed.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.