Cyclic Testing for Seismic Design Guide of Beam-Column Joints with Closely Spaced Headed Bars
Cited 2 times inCited 2 times in
- Cyclic Testing for Seismic Design Guide of Beam-Column Joints with Closely Spaced Headed Bars
- Kang, Thomas H. -K.; Kim, Woosuk; Shin, Myoungsu
- Beam - column connection; Beam-column joints; Cyclic lateral loading; Cyclic testing; Development; Headed Bar; Multiple layers; Seismic Performance; Test data
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
- JOURNAL OF EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING, v.16, no.2, pp.211 - 230
- Given the overly strict requirements for clear headed-bar spacing in ACI 318-08 and the lack of headed bar provisions in CEB-FIB MC 90, two approximately 2/3-scale exterior beam-column connection subassemblies were tested under cyclic lateral loading. The tests primarily explored the effect on their seismic performance of using (a) small clear spacings and (b) multiple layers of headed bars in the beam. Also, previous test data were thoroughly analyzed. It was concluded that the clear bar spacing of approximately 2d(b) or the use of two bar layers may be permitted for headed bars anchored in exterior beam-column joints.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.