Controlling the spectrum of high-power terahertz radiation from a laser-driven plasma wave
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Controlling the spectrum of high-power terahertz radiation from a laser-driven plasma wave
- Jang, Do-Geun; Kim, Jinju; Nam, Inhyuk; Hur, Min Sup; Suk, Hyyong
- Coherent radiation; Density profile; High-power; Narrow bandwidth; Particle-in-cell simulations; PIC simulation; Research issues; Spectrum range; Terahertz generation; Terahertz radiation; THz generation; THz radiation source; THz waves; Wide bandwidth
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- CURRENT APPLIED PHYSICS, v.12, no.5, pp.1252 - 1255
- Generation of strong THz waves is a very important and difficult research issue. We performed particle-in-cell (PIC) simulation studies to investigate the possibility of powerful THz generation and spectrum controllability by using a laser-driven plasma wave. Our results show that it is possible to produce spectrum-controllable high-power (>1 MV/cm) THz waves by manipulating the plasma density profiles. This method may provide a good way for coherent high-power THz radiation sources, of which the spectrum ranges from a narrow bandwidth to a wide bandwidth.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.