Effect of Zn Addition on Electrochemical Performance of Al-Air Battery
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Effect of Zn Addition on Electrochemical Performance of Al-Air Battery
- Lee, Hansol; Listyawan, Timothy Alexander; Park, Nokeun; Kim, Guntae; Chang, Ikwhang
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC PRECISION ENG
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PRECISION ENGINEERING AND MANUFACTURING-GREEN TECHNOLOGY, v.7, no.2, pp.505 - 509
- We investigate the effect of Zn addition on an Al–air battery at the anode. The tested Al–air battery consists of a 6 mol% potassium hydroxide (KOH) electrolyte, a fiberglass separator, and a Pt/C + IrO2 cathode. The Zn-added Al(Al60Zn40)–air battery shows a higher power density of 48 mW/cm2, while a pure Al–air battery exhibits a power density of 38 mW/cm2. Approximately, 30 charge/discharge cycles of the Al–air battery were performed, while ~ 71 cycles of the Al60Zn40–air battery were performed. Adding Zn to the Al–air battery improves its electrochemical performance and the number of charge/discharge cycles can be significantly increased.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.