Closed-Form Expressions for the Maximum Transient Noise Voltage Caused by an IC Switching Current on a Power Distribution Network
Cited 5 times inCited 5 times in
- Closed-Form Expressions for the Maximum Transient Noise Voltage Caused by an IC Switching Current on a Power Distribution Network
- Kim, Jingook; Li, Liang; Wu, Songping; Wang, Hanfeng; Takita, Yuzo; Takeuchi, Hayato; Araki, Kenji; Fan, Jun; Drewniak, James L.
- Bulk capacitors; Closed-form expression; Consumer devices; Decoupling capacitor; Dynamic noise; Power distribution network; Switching currents; Transient noise; Voltage noise
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY, v.54, no.5, pp.1112 - 1124
- Closed-form expressions for transient power distribution network (PDN) noise caused by an IC switching current are derived for a PDN structure comprised of traces with decoupling capacitors. Criteria for identifying a dominant decoupling capacitor for an impulse switching current are also proposed. The derived PDN noise expressions are validated with measurements of currents at both local and bulk capacitors, the PDN impedance, and the total voltage noise in an operating consumer device.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.